Sports and social media fans as well as travelers prefer the use of action cameras. It is no wonder that even young kids want to be on the bandwagon as well. VTech launched its incredible Kidizoom Action Camera, particularly for small children. So, let’s take a closer look at it in our Kidizoom Action Camera review.
What is the Kidizoom Action Camera?
The first topic we’ll cover in our Kidizoom Action Camera review is what an action camera is, and what makes the Kidizoom special. Action cameras are trendy products and have been hugely popular for many years now. They are pocket-sized cameras that are extremely flexible and capable of capturing quality photos and videos. This is all without the responsibility of having to carry a large standard camera or equipment.
YouTuber fans are interested with creating videos and content, but often they’ll use their parents’ expensive cameras. Now, they have got the chance to create their own content using their own action cameras.
The KidiZoom Action Camera, by VTech, allows children to be their own videographers by capturing their journeys and adventures in the form of photos and videos. The VTech KidiZoom Action Camera is a photo and video camera basically designed for active children aged between four and nine. The VTech Kidizoom Action Camera can go wherever and do whatever children can do with two provided mounts, so that these children can add it to their bicycle, skateboard and much more.
Next in our Kidizoom Action Camera review, we’ll take a closer look at the design of the camera. One look at its trendy design and it’s plain to see that children love the way it looks with its two versions of distinct colors. A version with yellow and black coloring, and another version with purple and pink coloring. VTech designed both versions of the Kidizoom Cam to be kid-friendly and eye-catching for the children.
Third item we’ll take a look at in our Kidizoom Action Camera review, is the functionalities of the camera. The Kidizoom Action Camera has plenty of features, for example:
- It includes three built-in games for kids, enjoyable photo filters, effects, and, frames.
- It is provided with a micro USB cable that children can use to download the images and videos. This allows the children to share the lovely moments and adventures they captured with family and friends.
- It also features a 1.4-inch color LCD screen to not only take photos and videos, but also take time-lapse pictures and stop-motion videos.
- The camera also features a built-in rechargeable Li-Ion Polymer battery with an estimated continuous shooting and recording time of 2.5 hours. Also, the battery of the camera is not replaceable
- It requires a micro-SD (max. 32GB) memory card in order to store all pictures and videos. However, the micro-SD card is sold separately.
Why do Kids want a Kidizoom Action Camera?
Some kids want to use it to capture their trips and vacations with their friends and family. Other kids want to use this camera to capture their lovely moments with their pets. Additionally, some kids love to capture their moments at school as a memory. Other kids love to enjoy nature and capture every moment of it. Nevertheless, some other kids love to make YouTube video content and video blogs to talk about things. Other kids want the camera to record themselves singing and dancing to see if they have the potential and motivate themselves. That is why most kids nowadays would be interested in the Kidizoom Action Camera.
- One of the best action cameras to meet the children’s needs as it is simple, fun, enjoyable, interesting, affordable, useful and practical.
- Kid-friendly, as there is no question that Kidizoom Action Camera offers and delivers.
- Fits kids’ hands easily.
- Provides all it takes for little kids to start making their own thrilling digital camera videos.
- Comes with accessories such as a camera cover, a bike mount, a floating mount, a wrist wrap, and an adhesive brace.
- Comes with a waterproof protective case that allows children to capture photos and videos up to 72 inches (6 feet) under water!
- Highly durable and built to endure the drops and falls that most children experience on a daily basis.
- Unlike adult camera models, this camera is created to fit the rough-and-tumble lifestyle of a child.
- Smaller buttons and controls make the camera a little less functional than other choices at the same price or near the same price.
- Quality of the pictures is significantly lower than those provided by other camera and smartphone devices that are widely bought for children.
- The huge revelation aspect of this camera is that it is an only 3 megapixel camera. This is less than most of the mobile front cameras. Although, such cameras are not as accessible, nor durable in the hands of a kid.
Is the Kidizoom Action Camera worth it?
Although the VTech Kidizoom Action Camera is just 3 megapixels, it can still capture some pretty decent picture and video quality for a child. However, VTech should have provided more than just 3 megapixels for a camera. For example, a 6 or even an 8 megapixel camera, even if it is only for children. Nevertheless, it is still a very good action camera for kids.
Nowadays, children have their dreams to become superstars, pro-athletes, or even photographers when they grow older. Currently, two of the top career prospects for most children aged 12 or under are actually either to be a YouTuber or a social media influencer. If your child is excited to record the adventure as they climb a hill or race with their bikes or even create their own YouTube channel, then the Kidizoom Action Cam is just what they need. Crafted with children in mind, the Kidizoom Action Cam provides an easy-to-use functionality at an affordable price.
This brings our final analysis of the VTech Kidizoom Action Camera to an end. The VTech Kidizoom Action Camera is considered to be the best action camera for them. It has many features for children and a great ability to cope with their use. And that is because it is actually very durable and engaging. It is also sufficiently easy to use for children who do not need the help of their parents. We strongly suggest the VTech Kidizoom Action Camera as an ultimate camera for children with an interest in photography and videography as well.